8 Reasons Why Millennials Are Made For A Career in Direct Sales
Millennials, you have been given a bad wrap. Too often I hear negative talk about how millennials don’t like to work, job hop, whine and just want to save the Earth. I emphatically disagree. There are many young people in my life that fall into this age category and they are hard-working, responsible and kind. You are all navigating the new Wild West and are crushing it!
So Millennials, why are you given such a hard time?
Because you grew up in a world different from the Baby Boomers’. Your generation was born into a world of technology. Can you even imagine a life without a cell phone or a computer? How would you shop, research, communicate, without your phone? This is why Direct Sales is perfect for you.
The Top 8 Things Millennials Look For In A Career & Why It’s Perfect For Direct Sales
- Options – You’re used to working from anywhere, thanks to technology. A career in Direct Sales (DS) allows you to not only work from anywhere, but it also allows you to set your own schedule, choose who you work with and how you conduct business.
- Recognition – Millennials, you grew up receiving participation trophies. You like to be recognized for your efforts, and respond well to knowing your hard work is noticed. In many DS companies, there are very good incentives offered as you meet milestones. This keeps motivation high. I mean honestly, who doesn’t like affirmation and to be rewarded for a job well done?
- Purpose-You are driven by more than just money. You like to have an impact on the world. The opportunity to join a company that is socially responsible, and offers ways to give back is important.
- Collaboration – You are natural collaborators. You’ve grown up with Google Docs. Working together, becoming a part of the solution, networking for a common goal is a well-developed skill. Naturally, the team element of a DS business is a great match.
- Learners– You and your peers are hungry for training. Access to learning opportunities are ranked as a top benefit. Most DS companies offer a wide variety of training through mentoring, peer-peer, virtually and in formal settings. There is truly an endless menu of both personal and professional growth opportunities.
- Work/Life Balance – Millennials have a keen sense of what makes a happy life and they’re not afraid to make it a priority. Being your own boss gives you the freedom to protect your time so you can create the balance needed.
- Family Flexibility – This really goes along with #6. More millennial moms are now Stay at Home Moms (SAHM). Technology has created a way for you to work and be home with your children, never having to miss the children’s first milestone moments.
- Creating Your Own Strategies – Because of the flexibility that DS offers, and the use of technology, finding the right Direct Sales company to partner with allows you to literally create the life you dream of.
Okay, now that you know why you are the perfect match for a Direct Sales Business, how do you choose which one is the right fit?
The answer – research. And in true millennial form, I know you’ll do this. First, look for companies that have growth, both in products/services and markets. Find out how long they’ve been in business, what their training opportunities are, and the overall credibility of the company’s founders. And ultimately, does it resonate with you. Do you believe in what they’re offering, their vision, their mission? If so, then take the next step to find out more. I’ll leave the link to my website here – it will give you a starting point, but please research multiple companies to learn what will be the best fit for you. After you’ve done your research, if you’d like to know more about the company I partnered with, send me an email – I’m happy to answer your questions. Or if you have questions about the industry in general I’m happy to help with that too.